The Rules And Regulations
Thank you for choosing to book with us, we trust you will enjoy your stay. The following terms and conditions apply to your booking and form the terms of a legally binding contract between you and Aloe Country Lodge.
Terms And Conditions
The price payable includes accommodation and breakfast for the number of nights stated on your booking.
Arrival And Departure
You will be able to check in between the hours of 2 pm and 10 pm. Please phone in advance to advise of an estimated time of arrival, as our reception is not continually manned. Arrivals after 10 pm are by prior arrangement only. If prior arrangements have not been made, and you do not arrive by 10 pm, we are entitled to treat it as a “no-show”. Your booking will be cancelled and we have the right to re-let your room. We request that you vacate your room by 10 am on the day of departure.
Deposit, Cancellation And Non-Arrival Policy
- We do not pay third parties for any other service on your behalf. If monies are deposited into our account incorrectly we do not refund until cleared with our bank and will only refund directly into the originals payer’ account less any banking and transaction fees.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand and include breakfast. Rates are subject to confirmation and availability and may change without prior notice. Reservations are subject to terms and conditions on check-in, right of admission reserved.
- A deposit is required at the time of booking, this payment can be made via electronic payment transfer (EFT) or by furnishing us with your full credit card detail – credit card number, expiry date, CVV number and name on card.
- Like all hotels and guest houses we have a strict cancellation policy to protect us against cancellations. We only have a few rooms available and cannot make up for the lost business.
- Verbal and email bookings are binding as a confirmation of the booking. Companies/ travel agencies operating on a bill back basis will also be liable to pay cancellation fees if cancelled whether we have a voucher or not.
- Please make sure you or your clients are aware of our policy before making a booking at our establishment.
- For cancellations more than 80 days prior to the arrival date you will be liable for 25% of the total booking fee.
- For cancellations more than 30 days but less than 80 days prior to the arrival date you will be liable for 50% of the total booking fee.
- For cancellations between 14 and 1 day(s) prior to the arrival date you will be liable for 100% of the total booking fee.
- For non-arrival/no show or premature departure you will be liable for 100% of the total booking fee
- The liability arises irrespective of whether or not we are holding a deposit from you.
- Payment for any outstanding balance for the cost of your stay and any extras incurred will be payable on departure.
- Please note we do not accept cheques.
Cancellation By Us
In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your booking, due to circumstances beyond our control, we will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available (or unacceptable to you) then we will refund all monies already paid by you and confirm that you will not be liable for any payments to us. In any circumstances where you are entitled to compensation, the limit of our liability to you arising from our breach of contract will be up to a maximum of once the cost of your booking.
Damage And Breakage
We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes do happen. We do however reserve the right to charge for any damages or breakages which we consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any time period for which it is considered unusable due to damage.
In agreeing to our terms and conditions, you authorise us to charge this amount to the credit card used to secure the booking. If you paid your deposit by EFT, you will receive an invoice for the charges to be settled on departure. If the damage/breakages are discovered after you depart, you will be notified of any charges in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable, to be settled by EFT.
If we find that guests have been smoking in the room then we reserve the right to ask you to leave immediately. You will remain liable for the whole of the cost of your stay. Whether or not you are asked to leave, we also reserve the right to charge a sum equivalent to one night’s stay if we are unable to re-let the room for 24 hours whilst it is fully aired.
In agreeing to our terms and conditions, you authorise us to charge this amount to the credit card used to secure the booking. If you paid your deposit by EFT, you will receive an invoice for the charges to be settled on departure. If evidence of smoking is discovered after you depart, you will be notified of any charges in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable, to be settled by EFT.
Limitation Of Liability
Guests agree on behalf of themselves and the members of their parties that neither the establishment, its owners, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the establishment.